POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Entry : Re: IRTC Entry Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Entry
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 9 Feb 2006 04:20:00
Message: <web.43eb08c6cd6ad91582fc96790@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> "Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht
> >
> > A strange-looking star rising and making an isolated bush ardent, in the
> > quietness of a clear sky and in the coldness of a snow desert. This is my
> > interpretation for this round, without any photo-realistic goal. I would
> > like my scene to be simple yet symbolic.
> >

> It is symbolic indeed. I like that touch.
> However, even without wanting to be photo-realistic, maybe the sky around
> the star should show its influence. I mean, the gradient now seems to come
> from some sunlight below the horizon...
>
> Thomas

I agree with the strangeness of this atmospherical effect. Before the
current topic was known, I was experimenting atmosphere media for planetary
scenes. And once, I got this effect with highly directive scattering media
and found it interresting. The color is made by itself, no color_map...
With some other setting, it could be like an atomic explosion far away.

And when the topic "ICE & Fire" got to be known, I decided to re-use it. We
are on a strange planet, and the strange star produces strange effects. My
work on it now is to put 2 or 3 additional objects strangely affected by
the rise of the star: the tree becomes 'ardent' with an aura, I will
probably put an ice-cristal  which comes to flames, and I'd like to put
something in the 'atmosphere'.

     Regards

        Bruno